Google
 

Monday, November 26, 2007

25- down's syndrome




Down syndrome, also known as Trisomy 21 due to the presence of a third twenty-first chromosome, is one of the most common and well known birth anomalies. One in every 650 children born will be effected by this syndrome.

Characteristics
Some of the facial features which identify an individual as having Down syndrome include:
  • Low set ears
  • Up slanting palpebral fissures
  • Low nasal bridge and dorsum
  • Abnormal and excessive facial fat distribution
  • Protruding, enlarged tongue
Frequency of Dysmorphic Signs in Neonates with Trisomy 21
Dysmorphic sign
Frequency (%)
Flat facial profile 90
Poor Moro reflex 85
Hypotonia 80
Hyperflexibility of large joints 80
Loose skin on back of neck 80
Slanted palpebral fissures 80
Dysmorphic pelvis on radiographs 70
Small round ears 60
Hypoplasia of small finger, middle phalanx 60
Single palmar crease 45

trisomy 21 - down syndrome , trisomy 18 - edwards syndrome , trisomy 13 - patau syndrome

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi
My name is Pooya Razi and I have worked more than 6 years ,as a painter in iran.one of the most important field that I have worked on it is the portraits of people with down's syndrome.when I saw your photo of this girl for the first time i becamed realy attracted of her eyes and now I wonder if I can paint her portrait in some part of my painting or no?
I can send you my other paintings to inform you there is no making fun of anytnigs in my concepts.
please let me know if I'm permitted to use it and if I can have this photo whit higher resolution or no!?
my email is :razi.pooya@gmail.com

sincerely
Pooya Razi

Google